Sunday, February 26, 2012

Keychain CPR Face Shield

 
I received one of these a few years back after having done a first aid course.  It's a CPR face shield held inside a small nylon pouch.  The pouch itself, has split ring which allows you to attach keys and other items to it.


Attached with keys and miscellaneous items

In the unfortunate situation where someone is passed out or not breathing, this face shield allows you perform CPR without having to worry about breathing or swallowing that person's blood or saliva.  This helps to reduce the risk of getting transmissible diseases such as hepatitis or HIV.

Face shield contained within
 

Considering what is contained inside, the package is fairly small and light, though a little on the bulky side.  The shape of the package makes it hard to take measurements but it's roughly; 55mm (H) x 55mm (L) x 15-20mm (W).  It weighs around 14 grams.


 To be honest I don't carry this one around on my keychain, but I usually keep in my laptop bag which I carry around with me a lot.  Thankfully I have never had you use it, but it's nice to know I've got it there if I need it.

 
I'm not too sure where you can get them from in your own country.  I did bit of a google search for you guys and came up with a few australian websites which sell these or something similar.  The first link closest resembles the CPR face shield that I have:

(links removed on request)

Additional Pictures:




7 comments:

  1. This is something that people who are trained to save lives should have it. Thanks for sharing this in here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good, good to see that you kept it with yourself as it reminds you regarding your duties. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good and something that individuals who are prepared to spare lives ought to have it. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this in here. you kept it with yourself as it reminds you in regards to your obligations. Much obliged to you for offering it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice blog and I like it. Thanks for sharing to us.
    Wholesaler of Keychains

    ReplyDelete